Bringing clear thinking to complex cyber challenges
- Comprehensive and cost-effective cyber liability cover
- Meeting the cyber security needs of SMEs and smaller corporate businesses
- Clear and transparent solutions
At Barbican Protect, we provide a comprehensive and cost-effective cyber liability solution, giving organisations the confidence to operate in an increasingly risk-exposed electronic environment.
Our insurance and risk management capabilities are designed specifically to meet the cyber security needs of the SME market and smaller corporate businesses. Whether it’s a data breach, a hacked server leading to business downtime, or copyright infringement on a website, the risks can be covered by our cyber policy.
Pioneering multi-faceted insurance solutions, our expertise ensures the cyber protection we provide is constantly evolving to reflect the dynamic risks of the digital age.
While the cyber challenge is a complex one, our solutions are designed to be clear and transparent. From mapping the policy parameters to specific cyber exposures, to helping manage a cyber-incident, through to dealing with related claims, we make everything as straightforward as possible.
Our cyber solution
Providing expansive and affordable coverage, our cyber policy comprises six key areas:
- Security and privacy liability – hacking, data loss, denial of service
- Multimedia liability – infringement of copyright, defamation, invasion of privacy
- Privacy regulation – defence costs of Information Commissioner investigations
- Crisis management, customer notification, support & monitoring expenses – mitigation costs following a security or privacy breach
- Data recovery and loss of business income – first party costs to restore systems and the provision of business interruption cover
- Data extortion – payment to deal with a cyber-extortion threat
Please click here for policy documentation
Please click here for proposals
William is head of financial lines at Barbican Protect.
During a 17-year career as an underwriter at Royal & Sun Alliance, William had extensive experience of underwriting across most classes of accident and casualty insurance. As his career developed, he increasingly gained experience and expertise in financial lines products becoming ProFin manager for the North West.
In 2004, he became broking manager for McParland Finn and then in 2007 he co-founded PI Protect Ltd acting as underwriting director. Upon the acquisition of the business in 2012 by Barbican Insurance Group, William became head of underwriting for PI Protect.